My daughter and I embarked on our annual Mother Daughter Disney trip this year in July, and as any good Travel Advisor would do, we experienced new things and stayed at a resort which we had visited but never stayed at.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is located in the Magic Kingdom Area of the Walt Disney World property and is the only deluxe resort in that area that is not on the monorail. This makes the price point significantly lower, generally speaking, but still has easy boat access to Magic Kingdom, so it is a great value for a lot of families.
Favorite things about this property:
- The Restaurants- Whispering Canyon (casual dining option) is a really great time and Artist’s Point (signature dining option) is truly amazing
- Location and Price Point- For a Deluxe Disney Resort in Magic Kingdom, it’s hard to beat the price point of Wilderness Lodge.
- The new Copper Creek Villas and Cabins- the newly renovated Copper Creek Villas and Cabins are located within Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and the new decor does not disappoint.
- Standard rooms are smaller at this property than many of the other deluxe resorts.
- Not being on the monorail, should you want to dine outside of the parks it is difficult to visit restaurants other than those on property.
- The pool area was a disappointment to me. The water features and even small size of the main pool would make me shy away from this resort during the summer months.
Have you stayed at this Disney property? Would love to hear your thoughts!